About the job
We believe that every Canadian should feel financially empowered. The current tools available to Canadians make finance complicated, Flamingo makes life easier. Flahmingo is on a mission to help one million Canadians through saving, investing and increasing financial literacy.
We are in the works of finding a React Native Developer who can help us bring our product to market. If you enjoy optimizing user experience, building a product from the ground up, enhancing the look and usability of a product and being part of a diverse team of people, then you may have just hit the jackpot!
The clock’s Tiktok’in. What are you waiting for, join the flock!
What we need from you
- Creativity: It’s essential to be able to think creatively in order to implement the vision given to you by UI/UX or Web Designers. This is where development becomes an art.
- Communication Skills: You’ll need to be able to communicate well in order to properly build and deploy a site. You’ll likely work with UX/UI Designers, a Backend Developer, and a Project Manager.
- Teamwork: You’ll work with others to make sure each web development project goes smoothly. Ensuring optimum web design and web performance is a team effort.
- Growth Mindset: Believing you can develop and grow your skills through dedication and hard work. You need to know how to learn and grow from your mistakes to produce better user interfaces and level up in the field.
- Problem-solving: You should be a solutions-driven person who isn’t afraid of meeting deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of core React.js concepts such as Functional components, hooks and context API.
- Proven knowledge of at least one state management library such as Redux, Mobx, Apollo, etc.
- Knows how to set up development tools like Eslint, Sonarlint, Husky, VSCode (or any text editor) and native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio, IntelliJ
- Has worked on a React Native project before and is able to target small code differences for both Android and IOS.
- Fluency in Typescript is a must.
- Proficiency at coding mockups with pixel-perfect in mind.
- Knows what Dry, Kiss and Yagni stand for.
- Knows what callback hell and prop drilling are and can elaborate on scenarios where they might happen and gives solutions to them.
- Rock-solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
What we have to offer
- Full participation of an ambitious project in an attractive and constantly growing market
- Being part of a team of innovative and dynamic people who are excited to share the know-how, and celebrate creativity and talent
- Getting to take part in pivotal decision making to make Flahmingo’s production unique and favorable in the marketplace
- A fun, fast-paced, and supportive work environment that respects each and every team member
Flahmingo is a digital investment firm. We have created an application, where users can begin investing with as little as $1. Using a system called pies and slices, Flahmingo enables you to build a portfolio of your favorite companies and ETFs. These investments become slices of your pie. Using scheduled deposits and auto-magic round-ups (both investment automation strategies), users seamlessly grow their portfolios and maintain a diversified portfolio using the power of fractional shares. Using the power of fractional shares, Flahmingo allows you to own as little as $1 in companies like Tesla, Facebook and Apple. But the fun doesn’t stop there! With Flahmingo central learn about the stock market in a fun and easy way.
Flahmingo Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Flahmingo, we welcome diversity and appreciate a wide variety of backgrounds. We believe a myriad of skills and experience contributes to improved decision-making and enhanced innovation. This allows us to better serve our customers and community. The objective for our team members is to feel connected to the team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying