Are you a passionate videographer and content creator that has the ability to create eye-catching videos that spark people's interest? Are you a pro with the camera and can create exceptional video content? Want to spearhead Flahmingo’s video content strategy on TikTok and Youtube? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this job may just be the perfect fit for you!
This role is an integral part of Flahmingo’s marketing team. The in-house Videographer will create the foundational video pieces for the Flahmingo brand— focusing specifically on TikTok, YouTube and Instagram Reels. You will be working directly with the Director of Communications and Marketing to tell Flahmingo's story and create intriguing educational finance content.
The clock’s Tiktok’in. What are you waiting for, join the flock!
What You'll Be Doing
Video Production and Content Creation
- Producing 5-7 videos per week that will be used for TikTok, Instagram Reels and, eventually, YouTube
- Working with the Communications and Marketing team to take storyline ideas and creatively adapt it for social media videos
- Find creative ways to take challenging financial terminology and work it into short videos to engage Millennial and Gen-Z audiences that are interested or could be interested in financial education
- Edit video footage utilizing Flahmingo branding, creating custom graphics within videos and utilizing sound to create engaging content for our younger audiences
- Keep up with financial trends in order to make content that is relevant and informative
- Identify and develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging framework for our target market that differentiates our product and company
What We're Looking For
- 1-4 years experience in video creation on Tiktok and YouTube with a preference in creating content for finance and investing
- Experience in creating story-based Tiktok videos and creating novel content is a must. You must provide your portfolio specifically for TikTok and YouTube
- Must own your own film and video equipment
- Preference will be given to candidates who have at least 2 years of experience utilizing investment apps like Wealthsimple, Questrade, Scotia iTrade and/or other investment apps
- Must be someone who has a go-getter attitude
- Must have a strong understanding of Millennials and Gen-Z’s, including their preferences, the way to speak, interact and must be able to create relevant and trending content from this information
- Experience with social media and digital marketing and the ability to show results on Instagram, Facebook and especially TikTok
- Must be able to offer direction and feedback on making production processes seamless and efficient
- Excellent executor with a figure-it-out attitude
- Must have a high attention to detail and must be a fantastic communicator
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, able to meet strict deadlines and ability to multitask
What’s In It For You
We want you to be part of building an exceptional fintech brand in Canada. So, here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive salary and the potential to receive stock options that may substantially accrue as the company grows
- Flexible work options working in downtown Calgary
- 24/7 access to the office space with amazing building amenities
- Exceptional gym, pet-friendly building
- Kombucha and coffee on tap
- Weekly office lunches
- A paid day off for your birthday
- Work in a highly collaborative team
Flahmingo is a Canadian investment app that supports commission-free fractional trading using a Pies and Slices model. With as little as $1, users can seamlessly grow their portfolio with scheduled deposits, automagic roundups and instant transfers; each investment becomes a slice of an individual’s pie (a.k.a. their portfolio). Users can buy a portion of a share for the fraction of the price while still enjoying the benefits of investing. Flahmingo aims to help Canadians through saving, investing and increasing financial literacy.
Flahmingo Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Flahmingo, we welcome diversity and appreciate a wide variety of backgrounds. We believe a myriad of skills and experience contributes to improved decision-making and enhanced innovation. This allows us to better serve our customers and community. The objective for our team members is to feel connected to the team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying